[Spellyans] Spelling and linguistics - Yes

Chris Parkinson brynbow at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 15 09:25:31 IST 2010

Maybe I need to say now that an interest in linguistics certainly does not mean that I think KK was ever a good idea. What  I do think is that Ewan's thought is right and that UC is a literary form of the language and RLC is like the spoken form - of the same language, which corresponds to the picture in Welsh. KK is a different way of spelling UC. Isn't it? I'm not sure how UCR fits into this picture. But RLC needs to be written down, which raises problems. What for example is to happen to the verbal particle 'ow'? RLC leaves it out or reduces it to 'a'.  Would this be acceptable using SWF, or in using KS for that matter. Chris