[Spellyans] Spelling and linguistics - Yes

Ken MacKinnon ken at ferintosh.org
Wed Jun 16 11:04:57 IST 2010

This mixed native language plus English borrowings is every typical of colloquial Indian usage.  The recent TV series 'Indian Hill Railways'  had a lot of local colloquial speech - subtitled into English.  It reminded me very much of current Scottish Gaelic usage - and very much like much of the dialogue on BBC Alba ( which see on Sky 168, Freesat 110)

I inmagine actual lte Cornish was very similar - Ken

Ken MacKinnon is now on Broadband  with new e-mail addresses:-

ken at ferintosh.org
and also at:-
ken.ferintosh at googlemail.com

My former e-mail addresses are no longer able to be used.

(Prof) Ken MacKinnon
Ivy Cottage, Ferintosh,
The Black Isle, by Dingwall,
Ross-shire  IV 7 8HX