[Spellyans] Spelling and linguistics - Yes

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Wed Jun 16 23:52:51 IST 2010

One of the best and simplest instruction books was Caradar's "Lessons
in Spoken Cornish", which covers a hell of a lot, in simple terms, in
just 32 pages!  I have almost completed a adaptation of this written
in SWF/T.  The only problem with the original was that it was poorly
laid out and not so easy to read as a result.  When a bit of thought
is put to its layout, without altering the content, it is excellent.

Craig

On 16 Efn 2010, at 22:50, ewan wilson wrote:

> Hi, Eddie!
>
> Yup, I have looked at CSII but am still rather mystified!
> This sentence presents the following problems ( for me, anyway!):-
> A) Py lyw = subject
> B) its complement is present participle 'ow plekya'
> C) but it's a question,so should it be 'yma' ( with interrogative
> 'embeded' in the 'py' adjective) or interogative form
> D) if interogative, is it definite or indefinite subject?!
>
> Nyns-of sur whath!
>
> Ewan

Craig Weatherhill