[Spellyans] Spelling and linguistics - Yes

Hewitt, Stephen s.hewitt at unesco.org
Thu Jun 17 09:44:48 IST 2010

Yes of course. Welsh mae'n dy blesio di rather than mae'n plesio iti.

But that's not the question. The question, which I am astounded to see nobody appears to know the answer to, is whether or not "plekya" is attested in a formally progressive construction: "mae X ow plekya dhys". If something as fundamental as that is not known, what hope is there of resurrecting Cornish as a plausible living language?

Steve Hewitt