[Spellyans] 'teacher'

nicholas williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 18:30:41 IST 2010

It is an orthography with recommended inflection attached (in the same
way as the SWF allows LC variants).
I am not an expert on LC or LC orthography, largely because I believe
that using LC spelling + Lhuyd's orthography was a mistake.
All the same I should transcribe Bodinar's

Bluth vee ewe try egence a pemp.Theara vee dean Bodjack an poscas
(puscas added underneath). Me rig deskey Cornoack termen me vee mawe.
Me vee demore gen seara vee a pemp dean moy en cock. Me rig scantlower
clowes eden ger Sowsnack cowes en cock rag sythen ware Bar.

into KS as

Bloodh vy yw try ugans ha pymp. Th'erof vy den bohojak an pùscas. Me a
wrug desky Kernowek termyn me veu maw. Me a veu da mor gen sîra vy ha
pymp den moy i'n côk. Me a wrug scantlowr clowes udn ger Sowsnek
cowsys i'n côk rag seythen warbar'.

They look pretty similar to me as far as the phonology is concerned.

By the way, if KS in only an orthography, why do you want it to be
like Dolly Pentreath's speech? Why can't it sound and look more like
the preaching of John Tregear, or Nicholas Boson's speech or the
speech of William Jordan? I don't see your point.

Nicholas