[Spellyans] chi v chy+Breton

Ray Chubb ray at spyrys.org
Fri May 7 09:16:51 IST 2010

On 6 Me 2010, at 14:13, nicholas williams wrote:

>  Breton is useful for filling occasional gaps in our lexicon, but it
> should not, in my view be used as the template for recasting Cornish
> entirely.

Off topic perhaps.

Breton is also useful for indicating the way in which Cornish may have
gone had it been more widely spoken in its later stages.  For example;
the Breton form of 'a'm bues' is still widely used in Brittany
although it disappeared in late Cornish.

Strangely Unified speakers tend to use forms of 'a'm bues' more so
than Common Cornish speakers.

Ray Chubb

Portreth
Kernow