[Spellyans] Rules for the apostrophe

Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 18 18:21:51 IST 2010

On 18 Me 2010, at 11:05, nicholas williams wrote:

> When writing the shortened form of agan 'our', agas 'your' and aga
> 'their', doesn't KS write gàn, gàs and gà rather than 'gan, 'gas,
> 'ga? The latter forms are likely to give rise to mistaken smart
> quotes.

Can this be true? I'm appalled to see that the diacritics are
metastastising in KS.

Thanks, but I'll stick to 'gan, 'gas and 'ga.

By the way, I thought you rejected the argument that 'diacritics are
TOO difficult for me to manage on my computer'. It seems, though, that
you're quite happy about the (totally different?) argument, 'smart
quotes are TOO difficult for me to manage on my computer'.

Come on, chaps, get real and ditch this nonsense!

Eddie Foirbeis Climo
Dres ethom akennow byner re bons lyeshes
Accenti non multiplicandi praeter necessitatem