[Spellyans] Rules for the apostrophe

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Wed May 19 20:38:14 IST 2010

I'll try once more to get my point home.  Nicholas is almost certainly
right about looking long-term rather than short term for KS in full.
Too many people have been antagonised, in both directions, and,
therefore KS won't be accepted until a new generation comes along.
One that hasn't been involved in the last 25 shameful years of the
language's history.  For good or ill, the future of the language
depends upon the SWF.  Let's see what we can do to improve it and get
as many of those proposals accepted as a foundation stone for KS in
the future.

In the meantime, can we please cut out the: "Bollocks"; "Nonsense";
"Have you got a crystal ball", etc.   None of us likes to be addressed
in that fashion - we've had years of it from another faction - and
I'll certainly stand for no more of it.  We all merit respect and
courtesy, so let's start showing some.  Start by trying:  "On the
other hand . . . ?", or "Have you considered . . . ?"  If that's too
much for some, then I'm afraid that I'll be calling it a day.  The
language has caused me enough damage over the years, and you don't
expect ill-treatment from your own side.  There are more peaceful
pastimes.

Come on, people - back to work.

Craig

On 19 Me 2010, at 20:20, nicholas williams wrote:

> Pshaw. No one is more snide than you, Eddie. I have asked you
> privately before now not to be  quite so unpleasant.
> If I didn't think your opinion nonsense, I wouldn't disagree, would I?
>

> On 19 Me 2010, at 20:14, Eddie Climo wrote:
>
>> Nicholas, it is only 'nonsense' if you have the hubristic arrogance
>> to believe that any opinion that dissents from your own is
>> nonsensical. Do bear in mind that this is precisely the trap into
>> which Ken George has fallen, and ask yourself if you're not in
>> danger of becoming indistinguishable from that which you oppose.
>>
>> I fear that this dismissive, condescending, discourteous attitude
>> that both you and Michael evince towards divergent viewponts will
>> doom KS in 2013, just as it did with SWF-1 a few years ago.
>>
>> On 19 Me 2010, at 20:03, nicholas williams wrote:
>>
>>> It is nonsense.

Craig Weatherhill