[Spellyans] Rules for the apostrophe

Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 19 20:49:59 IST 2010

On 19 Me 2010, at 20:20, nicholas williams wrote:
> Pshaw. No one is more snide than you, Eddie. I have asked you
> privately before now not to be  quite so unpleasant.
> If I didn't think your opinion nonsense, I wouldn't disagree, would I?

'Snide'? 'Unpleasant'? You really don't handle dissent very well, do
you, Professor?

I fear that with attitudes such as you and Michael have expressed, the
Spellyans discussion list is becoming progressively less and less
consensual.

Only your views seem to have merit, at least in your eyes; all else is
'nonsense' or, in Michael's charmingly eloquent phrase, 'bollocks'.

And that's not in the least 'snide' or 'unpleasant', or
'condescending' or 'patronising'?

Pshaw yourself!

Eddie Climo