[Spellyans] Rules for the apostrophe

j.mills at email.com j.mills at email.com
Thu May 20 10:05:13 IST 2010

In the long run, any orthography for Cornish will be criticised if it is linguistically and/or academically unsound. The SWF was indeed largely influenced by politics. In my opinion, it is a poor orthography for Cornish. Not least, because of the hierarchical nature of its different forms. Since the SWF is supported by taxpayers, it requires consensual support. Consensus is not achievable while the orthography is linguistically unsound because it will continue to attract criticisms for its shortcomings.
Ol an gwella,
Jon

Dr. Jon Mills,
University of Kent