[Spellyans] Cornish Orthography

ewan wilson butlerdunnit at ntlworld.com
Sat May 29 21:46:07 IST 2010

Grassys, Michael!

If a sound is used in the language but isn't a 'phoneme' what is it, then?
The example that springs to mind is the interchangability ( I assume!) in
Japansese of r and l sounds. I  must confess that thouugh I could understand
the basic phonetics we got taught I used to find the phonemic stuff much
more abstruse!!

Regards,

Ewan.