[Spellyans] ragtho, rygthy

nicholas williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 09:44:02 GMT 2010

Really? You believe (in spite of the racta/ractha forms) that the cluster is voiced; yet you would prefer the voiceless clusters ragtho, rygthy.
This seems inconsistent.
Ragtho, rygthy were almost certainly voiceless (otherwise ractha, racta, etc. are inexpliacable). If you prefer ragtho, etc. you should write ragtho.
George is mistaken here (as in many other places). KK should not be used as the basis for an agreed spelling.
KK was rejected as the SWF. It is illegitimate to allow it in through the back door.
The spelling of revived Cornish should be based on an expert analysis of the spellings of traditional Cornish, not
on the unfounded hypotheses of an untrained amateur.

Nicholas