[Spellyans] ragtho, rygthy

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Mon Nov 15 09:51:55 GMT 2010

On 15 Nov 2010, at 09:29, Daniel Prohaska wrote:

> Yes, ragdho and rygdhi are based on the KK forms. George appears to believe that the <g> indicates the <th> may have been voiced.

Well, bully for him. It's time to put that nonsense behind us.

> I agree though. I would prefer ragtho, rygthy, ragtha(ns).

Yet you work to ensure that more and more Kemmynisms are copper-fastened into the SWF. I've called this apologism,* and that's still what it looks like to me. You know, don't you, that in 2013 the bleat from the Kesva will be "oh, we can't have too much change no-o-o-ow."

*‘A defence or excuse, a speech or written answer made in justification of anyone.’ Blount Glossogr. 1656.