[Spellyans] Notednow ow tochya Skeul an Tavas

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Mon Nov 15 09:59:55 GMT 2010

On 15 Nov 2010, at 09:49, Daniel Prohaska wrote:

> Also, Michael asked me not to put my notes about ‘Skeul an Tavas’ on the corpus group (although he started a thread there for it) but post it to you, Ray and him privately, which I did, and now my notes are discussed here on a public forum. Please explain. I have no problem with it either way. My opinions and proofing notes are no secret, nor did I ever want them to be, but I’m puzzled nonetheless.

I said, on the corpus group:

"This is not the place for this discussion. Ray is not on this group. If you'd like to make such suggestions as these please do so in a formatted PDF sent to him and me and Nicholas. I have no way of transferring this discussion to Ray."

and

"I said I had specific items having to do with the SWF, mentioned by Pol Hodge, that needed discussion on this forum. I did not say that you should feel that you should discuss criticisms and suggestions for revision of the book on this forum, which is read by members of *another* publishing house. I'm sorry that you find my dismay at that to be surprising."

There are people on the Corpus Group forum who are NOT supportive of our efforts, Dan. None of them have even been posting to that forum in weeks. Comments here is one thing: if we have moles, they are quiet about it. But on the Spellyans forum at least everyone wishes Agan Tavas well. That's not so on the Corpus Group.

Have a care for the politics of this, please.