[Spellyans] whans

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Mon Nov 15 10:01:15 GMT 2010

… which I took from English – Cornish Dictionary Gerlyver Sawsnek – Kernowek (Williams, 2nd ed. 2006):

whans a omavônsyans (entry: ambition)

whans a wodhvos (entry: curiosity)

an whans a dhueth warnaf a vos dy (I felt the urge to go there)

whans a dyr (land-hunger)

yma whans dhym anodho (I greatly want it)

yma whans bras dhym a (I yearn for)

There is also:

whans dhe wandra (wanderlust)

yma dhym whans cusca (I am sleepy)

I was mistaken, because Nicholas lists yma (dhe~) whans a + noun/prepositional pronoun and yma (dhe~) whans + verbal noun.

Dan

  _____