[Spellyans] degol

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Mon Nov 15 10:09:01 GMT 2010

Hey, I never said I liked it, which is why I will give dygol ~ degol in my dictionary, and it will certainly be one of the things I will ask to change now or in 2013. I argued against it when we put together the SWF Glossary, but was outvoted as the brief was to start with the KK forms – gras dhe Trond.

The forms with MS <u> probably represent dyw an older case (accusative?) of dydh ~ dedh. I think this has been discussed before, and I can’t remember who made the connection between du- and hedhyw. Was it Owen?

Dan

  _____