[Spellyans] degol

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Mon Nov 15 10:29:18 GMT 2010

Let's get things in perspective.

That the SWF defaults to KK was Trond's doing.  He caved in to
pressure, and it went against the recommendations of the Commissioners.

The result - much as we don't like it - is that Dan is constrained to
this ruling and specification in his work on the Glossary and his
dictionary.  He has no choice in the matter.  The SWF cannot be
changed until 2013 and I fully expect that Dan himself wishes he could
introduce improvements.  This is no fault of Dan's and I'm concerned
that things are getting a little too personal, when the process and
those who ran it are to blame.  The same thing also applies to
Albert.  Don't shoot the messengers!

Craig

On 15 Du 2010, at 10:17, Michael Everson wrote:

> On 15 Nov 2010, at 10:09, Daniel Prohaska wrote:
>
>> Hey, I never said I liked it, which is why I will give dygol ~
>> degol in my dictionary, and it will certainly be one of the things
>> I will ask to change now or in 2013. I argued against it when we
>> put together the SWF Glossary, but was outvoted as the brief was to
>> start with the KK forms – gras dhe Trond.
>
> An orthography for Revived Cornish should be based on Cornish, not
> on a reconstructivist conlang of the mid-1980s.
>
>> The forms with MS <u> probably represent dyw an older case
>> (accusative?) of dydh ~ dedh. I think this has been discussed
>> before, and I can’t remember who made the connection between du-
>> and hedhyw. Was it Owen?
>
> It was Andrew Trim, on 2008-11-12. :-)

Craig Weatherhill