[Spellyans] Bewnans Ke

ewan wilson butlerdunnit at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 16 20:15:09 GMT 2010

Even on the internet the Bewnans Ke official edition from Exeter University looks sumptuous; indeed so alluring I decided to order it up despite the rather punitive cost. Sadly I must have been just too late as I never got it and I think my local Waterstone's has given it up.
I don't doubt a second edition would find a very ready market amingst Cornish enthusiasts and serious Celticists. Apart from anything else it'd be fascinating to discover how it found its way into the possession of the late Prof Caerwyn Williams of Aberystwyth and if he himself had done any work on it. I am amazed the Aberystwyth Institute for Higher Celtic Studies ( or whatever its exact title is)  has never properly developed any Cornish research or courses. It is bad enough to have the language frowned upon and disdained by old Anglo Saxon prejudice without being further oppressed by fellow Celts joining in the Cornish bashing!

Ewan.