[Spellyans] Notednow ow tochya Skeul an Tavas

Nicholas Williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 20:21:48 GMT 2010

Now you are being patronising, Dan. "Our well liked and formulated
rule" is disparaging language. It's not "our" rule; it's the evidence
of the texts.

And even if with the evidence available we couldn't rule out final
unstressed -edh, -ydh, why does the SWF allow nowyth with -th but -dh
in all other instances?

There is by the way much evidence that -eth was indeed voiceless and
Michael and I will present it in due course.

Nicholas