[Spellyans] ragtho, rygthy

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Nov 18 09:58:11 GMT 2010

On 18 Nov 2010, at 09:16, Daniel Prohaska wrote:

> I know it is exceedingly difficult for Michael to accept an opinion differing from his own, but that’s life.

Bollocks, Dan. You've not made a good case to counter the fact that Lhuyd writes both -eth and -edh for a good many words. The simplest explanation is that the segment devoiced as did other consonants and that the voicing Lhuyd wrote is a sign of interference from his native Welsh.

It's not necessary to insult me as you have done, either. When good arguments are provided, I do change my mind. Albert argued well, with good evidence, for the dallath/dalathfos alternation. (I don't think the case has been made for -r- but it was for -l) and indeed KS has been altered to conform to that alternation.