[Spellyans] th/dh

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Sat Nov 20 14:48:26 GMT 2010

On 20 Nov 2010, at 14:34, Craig Weatherhill wrote:

> I think what Dan is saying here is that Ken is now, belatedly perhaps, showing rather more willingness to revise his thoughts.

He invented tj and dj because he couldn't accept a simple thing like the s/j dialect distinction. He had to recant because tj/dj was shown to be impossible. He still can't believe in a dialect distinction, so now he's telling people it's neither wosa nor woja, but wozha.

I don't detect a willingness to revise thoughts here.

Nor do I think it applies to the dh/th problem, because the more closely we look at the texts, the more it seems as though Nicholas' view is borne out.