[Spellyans] dh/th

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Sun Nov 21 15:41:09 GMT 2010

You’re right, I wasn’t being careful here. Correction:

diwedh:          dûaδ (§3); diuaδ (§5, §7, §9, §37, §46); diuaτ (§13); diueδ (§29);

OK, so we have seven examples of diwedh with [ð], and one with [θ]; it is, going by content and rhythm, possible to make a pause after diuaτ in §13. Since Michael said that statistics would be relevant in this case, I suggest that 7 to one in so short a text is significant.

nowyth:          noueth (§6); noweτ (§16);

The first occurs in final position in the sentence. The second occurs before a comma (pause in speech) and voiceless [h] in ha.

Sorry about the earlier mix-up.

Dan

Nicholas wrote:

This is not the word dyweth 'end' but the word dywweyth 'twice', a wholly different word. You have made the same mistake again with  bɐz aviziyz δiueτ ken gueſgal enueτ.

Nicholas