[Spellyans] dh/th

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Mon Nov 22 12:43:59 GMT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Everson
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2010 5:20 PM

“I think this "in pausa" is a real lark. Unless it were to hold true for other consonants, it's simply not plausible.”

Have you backed up this claim? I even find examples of <g> in marhek and medhek before vowels: Eff ew an phisicion han metheg a rug sawya oll agan deseyses. (TH11); ... gans peswar marreg a brys ȝe bub marreg ran nayse y bous... (PA 190).

This is something ‘we’ would need to examone before making such bold statements about ‘real larks’.