[Spellyans] dh/th

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Mon Nov 22 12:46:34 GMT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Weatherhill
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2010 5:35 PM

“Gentlemen - the spikiness of this debate still concerns me, and there are too many personal snipes being made.”

I agree.

“I've even heard it said that A hasn't written anything to back up claims. Sorry - but that does not wash. I published what is still the widest selling book ever written about the Cornish language - more than 18,000 sold at last count. But I'm no expert. Far from it. I'm an enthusiast and nothing more. In technical linguistic debates that sales list counts for nothing. Is it really so hard for a few on here to exercise a little more humility and a little more courtesy?”

I should think not. Thank you for reminding us.

“Because I'm on the verge of giving the whole damn thing up.

That would be rash, though I sympathise.