[Spellyans] th/dh and mutation

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Mon Nov 22 14:17:33 GMT 2010

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Chubb
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2010 11:03 AM

“No one has responded to this so I have done some checks of my own.  It seems to me that even after feminine nouns in the texts with final 'th' where there is general agreement that the sound should be 'dh' the mutation rule still applies.

Therefore it could be said that one of the unfortunate by-products of George's introduction of final 'dh' is that it has caused bad grammar when revivalists drop the t,c,p, and d rule.