[Spellyans] iw

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Tue Nov 23 20:19:39 GMT 2010

  _____

From: nicholas williams
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:37 PM

“I write bew and lyw. There was never any suggestion that they should be written the same.

I cannot find <iw> anywhere in TH. Nor have I ever seen it anywhere else in traditional Cornish.

<yw> and <ew> are enough.

I will not write <iw> because I have never seen it anywhere in traditional Cornish and it isn't necessary.

Nicholas”

Well, I misunderstood you then. I was under the impression that you didn’t think that lyw-words and bew-words contained two distinct diphthongal phonemes.

Dan