[Spellyans] <dh> ~ <th>

A. J. Trim ajtrim at msn.com
Mon Nov 29 16:06:31 GMT 2010

Thanks, Michael. That's very interesting. It explains the p in Sampson but
not in damson.

However, pymp/pemp ended in -p already, i.e. before the dek was added.
Surely, it was the presence of that p that dictated that we had -thek rather
than -dhek in pempthek. If the p is elided, there is no need for -thek. It
can be -dhek as in the other numbers. I don't believe that the p is present
because the suffix is -thek.

Regards,

Andrew J. Trim