[Spellyans] Cornish fonts

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Wed Sep 1 09:50:35 IST 2010

On 1 Sep 2010, at 07:50, Eddie Climo wrote:

> On 1 Gwn 2010, at 01:24, Michael Everson wrote:
>> On 1 Sep 2010, at 00:48, A. J. Trim wrote:
>>
>>> If I make ow "-ing" which do you recommend for "my" for my orthography, and what does KS do?
>>
>> I don't care what you do in your private orthography.
>
> Michael, why the need to be gratuitously offensive to someone who's 'on-side'?

Oh, relax, Eddie. I don't think it was "rude". It may have been curt. But I really, truly, deeply do not have any interest in A. J. Trim's private orthography. I have no recommendations.

> Do you resent other people than yourself tinkering with the orthography of Cornish?

That's nonsense.

KS has been a community effort to provide an academically-accurate, linguistically-sound, traditionally-based orthography for Cornish. In particular it responds to the political mishmash which is the SWF, which, as you doubtless are aware, is being promulgated by MAGA with an emphasis on its Kemmynism and with a marked deprecation of any Traditionalness. It is the SWF which needs attention and reform.

It would be disingenuous for me to encourage A. J. Trim's "personal orthography" in any way, and I shall not do so.

Yogh? Be serious.

>> KS writes the particle "ow" and the possessive adjective "ow". Just as traditional Cornish did.
>
> I fancy we all knew already what's used both in KS and in traditional Cornish for these two elementary homonyms.

I answered A. J. Trim's question.