[Spellyans] SWF glossary E-F

A. J. Trim ajtrim at msn.com
Mon Aug 1 18:39:32 IST 2011

Nicholas wrote:

“
FIGHT
The verb ‘kill oneself’ is not omladha. The attested form is:
rak hacre mernans certan eys emlathe y honan RD 2072-73
and the verb is thus omladha y honen.
”

Could this mean “to kill oneself himself” i.e. not by accident but “suicidal”?
I assume “to kill oneself by accident” would be «omlaȝa dre wall».

«om-» verbs cannot have an object. It’s built in.
«y honan» is an adverb that describes how the “killing” is done.

Regards,

Andrew J. Trim