[Spellyans] 'every day'

Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 17:45:33 IST 2011

On 2011 Est 3, at 17:26, nicholas williams wrote:

> Nance 1938 gives a separate headword pupteth 'every day'
> and in the same entry has p.-oll emphatic, every single day.
And his 1934 had the entry
> daily. pupteth (-oll)

Williams 2006 offers us 'puptēdh oll', with no occurrences of any other spelling that I could find.

Given 77 years of UC, corroborated by 11 years of UCR, I fancy it's too late to do a u-turn. I, for one, have no intention of changing my spelling to comply with this latest fancy of Nicholas's purism.

Pesya scryfa 'pupteth' a vynnaf, del us usyes.

Eddie Climo