[Spellyans] Shall we vote on diacritics just now?

j.mills at email.com j.mills at email.com
Tue Feb 1 09:11:23 GMT 2011

I am with Michael on this one. KS with diacritics is by far the best orthography for Cornish so far. It is clear and unambiguous. I take Eddie's point about his typing speed. However, most people's objections to diacritics seem to me irrational; they merely state that they do not like them, without addressing the linguistic concerns that are entailed. Nevertheless, I suspect that among the Cornish language community as a whole, diacritics are not popular, and that the majority will need to be persuaded if they are to adopt the use of diacritics.
Ol an gwella,
Jon

Dr. Jon Mills,
University of Kent