[Spellyans] diacritics

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Wed Feb 2 10:00:23 GMT 2011

How can diacritics be declared mandatory, and hope to control that,
when users will go their own way no matter what we say?  Diacritics
always used to be written in loan-words into English that had them,
but are now rarely seen.  Even apostrophes are disappearing from
English (crazy, but true).  We would have no power of control.  Strong
recommendation of their use is all we can realistically achieve.

Craig

On 2 Whe 2011, at 09:47, Michael Everson wrote:

> On 1 Feb 2011, at 22:22, Daniel Prohaska wrote:
>
>> I would prefer a proposal that starts off with the actual SWF and
>> not another orthography such as KS.
>
> KS did start off with the SWF, Dan. Please do not suggest otherwise.

Craig Weatherhill