[Spellyans] diacritics

e-mail kevin.blackburn1 kevin.blackburn1 at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 2 17:39:18 GMT 2011

I think we're actually arguing about nothing now - the position Michael
takes below is one I agree with - OK, so we've had to go round the houses a
bit to get to an understanding! The sooner we get one unambiguous acceptable
orthography out there the better - then pronounciation can be detremined
from ots spelling, and Cornish can start to live. I still believe people
will often ignore the diacritics in everyday use, but as you say that is
incorrect spelling - in the same way I know it is incorrect usage, but I
still write 'c u soon, @ abt 4pm' in SMS txt mesgages. the point is that
there is a known correct basis from which we knowingly deviate by choice.
Roll on the 2013 decision - assuming it is the right one!

Herbie

Kevin 'Herbie' Blackburn
Sent from my WebMail
tel: 07791193602