[Spellyans] Diacritics and their necessity

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Wed Feb 2 18:10:30 GMT 2011

> On 1 Whe 2011, at 18:18, Michael Everson wrote:
>
>> With all due respect to Eddie, who certainly means well, it is a disservice Cornish to pretend that it should behave differently from every other language in Europe
>
> On 2 Feb 2011, at 17:06, Ray Chubb wrote:
>
> Every other language in Europe has not been revived from written records.  Real Cornish is the written record not invention.

Yes, Ray. That's why we reject KK-like solutions and stick to Traditional word-forms as much as possible (given the need to normalize). And it's why we decided to use diacritical marks to "augment" or "decorate" those word forms, as being the lightest touch.

As you've noted, Lûk and lùck are superior to Louk and louck.