[Spellyans] Cornish keyboard layout

Christian Semmens christian.semmens at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 10:13:22 GMT 2011

Fantastic Thomas! You beat me to it! :D

I'll have a look and see if I can help out. I'm using vanilla Ubuntu 10.10
so it should work.

I currently use the standard United Kingdom Extended - Winkeys on a Logitech
Internet 350 Keyboard (for which there is an entry in the keyboards list). I
didn't even have to enable the WinKeys (also known as Compose key or
MultiKey) to do anything special, but sometimes you may have to explicitly
enable the key which is accessible through the keyboard applet (From the
menu Preferences>Keyboard - Layout tab, Options button, Compose Key position
- select compose key)

Grave [ ` ] accents are available directly from the keyboard :
grave - <`> + <letter> ( èẁỳùìòàǜǹ )

Other accents are available on right Compose+letter+symbol.

Circumflex [ ^ ] - <Compose> + <letter> + <Shift><6>   ( âêîôûŷŵ )
acute [ ' ] - <Compose> + <letter> + <'>                        (
éŕýúíóáśĺźćń )
diaresis [ " ] - <Compose> + <letter> + <Shift><2>        ( ëÿüïöä )

<key1><key2> means press the keys together.
<key1> + <key2> means press one key, release and then press another.

Regards,
Christian