[Spellyans] loan words

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Mon Feb 21 10:57:02 GMT 2011

On 21 Feb 2011, at 09:19, Craig Weatherhill wrote:

> I don't think anyone's objecting, Jon (at least not on here).  Michael's list below illustrates my viewpoint rather well.  BM and CW used this loan word sparingly, as I'm suggesting we do.

This is not the right interpretation. It is true to say that the word is not attested frequently in BM and CW, but this does not imply that the authors were limiting their use of this word because of the kind of aesthetic which you (or others) may wish to apply in the Revived language. You can't infer a distaste for the word merely because it occurs only once. There are hundreds of words in BM and CW which occur only once.