[Spellyans] loan words

ewan wilson butlerdunnit at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 22 23:14:38 GMT 2011

Craig,

I'm not saying anyone in particular is lacking in sanity and perspective,
least of all yourself whose books on Cornish I really highly appreciate!
All I'm saying is surely the sane view that gives best perspective on this
is that Cornish has a rich deposit of loan words which lend it something
very distinctive. I DO however like 'native'coinages as well such as
pellgowser which to my ear sounds 'just right' and in an indefinable and
subjective way much better than, say, the German equivalent.

Ewan.