[Spellyans] "small" in Cornish

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Fri Sep 2 18:51:28 IST 2011

On 2 Sep 2011, at 16:27, Jon Mills wrote:

> I, for one, enjoy Nicholas' posts to this list. I find them interesting and extremely useful.

As do I. I also believe that learning from the texts improves our knowledge of Cornish. We have tools that were not available to Jenner, Nance, and Smith. If modern analysis shows that previous scholars (like Jenner, Nance, and Smith) made mistakes, then there is no problem criticizing them. Indeed I don't believe that any of them would get all huffy and annoyed about being criticized. It was Cornish they cared about, not their own reputations.

Science works like that.