[Spellyans] gawas 'to get'

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Thu Sep 8 18:18:49 IST 2011

Unfortunately, there remains a core of people who pooh-pooh the very
idea of localised dialectal differences in Cornish, a stance that I
find quiet hard to fathom.  To me, it's absurd to think that they did
not exist.

250 years ago, it was considered highly unusual, if not eccentric, for
any native of West Penwith to venture east of the Hayle River.  With
such little mixing between populations of one area and another, local
variations and dialects of Cornish were surely inevitable.

Craig

Craig Weatherhill