[Spellyans] gawas 'to get'

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Fri Sep 9 09:21:06 IST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: spellyans-bounces at kernowek.net [mailto:spellyans-bounces at kernowek.net]
On Behalf Of Michael Everson
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 11:12 PM
To: Standard Cornish discussion list
Subject: Re: [Spellyans] gawas 'to get'

"On 8 Sep 2011, at 21:27, nicholas williams wrote:

> This discussion, as usual, is getting a little heated. Although I feel
very strongly about this matter, I don't think it merits quarrelling."

I agree, but a discussion getting a little heated is OK as long as we don't
starting insulting each other over it.

"I said to Dan:

>> Well, put all the evidence together and publish it in Cornish Studies if
you have the courage of your convictions. Because my reading of the evidence
does not lead me to the same conclusion.

That's not "heated" though. I don't agree with Dan's description of what he
says he's found. So we agree to disagree. I enjoin him to publish his
findings comprehensively."

And I might just do that.

"> The best solution for the present would be to allow speakers to write
either genev or genef, etc. and either meneth and menedh, etc.

I am somewhat doubtful that the Partnership will want to add more options,
given the way that requests for additional "side forms" were treated
previously."

Here we agree, I can't really see that happening.