[Spellyans] gawas 'to get'

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Fri Sep 9 09:41:19 IST 2011

We are three years into the SWF and, thus far, the so-called "side
forms" (i.e. traditional graphs) have been completely sidelined, as I
predicted they would.  If one spells in SWF/T, you immediately hear
the cry - "That's not the SWF!", even though it is.

I think my only real success in this regard was to trap the Signage
Panel into agreeing that personal names should not be altered from
their original form, which is why (to their dismay) you'll see a sign
reading Synt Colom Veur (not Kolom, and certainly not KK's Kolomm).
Nonetheless some are pressing to change this agreement.

(I did actually press for Pluwgolom, but Oliver argued this away by
claiming it was only found as surname, not a place-name.  It is, of
course, a surname formed coined by the adoption of a place-name so, in
my view, it remains valid as a place-name).

Craig

Craig Weatherhill