[Spellyans] SWF glossary A-D

Ken MacKinnon ken at ferintosh.org
Fri Sep 9 15:54:14 IST 2011

The local story was the skids on the sleds that were used for deliveries.
A bit of rather dubious folk etymology when the language was forgotten.
However as a child I had some explanation of street names from teachers, and
I have latterly wondered whether anyone has done a study of the street names
of St Ives.

- an ken Ken