[Spellyans] SWF glossary A-D

Jon Mills j.mills at email.com
Fri Sep 9 16:20:11 IST 2011

But these two examples appear to attest both forms,  /skynnya/ and  /yskydnyow/, yet they are both translated 'descend'.

"me an felge adrus then pen | may teffo y ompynnen | ha skynnya avel mottis"
'I will cleave him across the head so that his brains emerge and fall like motes'
[Ton 1504: 1273-5]
"mehall yskydnyow eall splan hellowgh adam gans cletha dan hay wreage mes a baradice"
‘Michael, descend, bright angel, drive Adam with a sword and his wife out of paradise’ [spoken by the Father in Heaven]
[Jordan 1611: 964-66]

 Ol an gwella,
 Jon