[Spellyans] SWF (t) and Maga web site

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Sun Aug 5 23:50:07 IST 2012

Maga are working under the idea that it was agreed at Treyarnon that trad forms would not be a separate orthography, just personal forms that can be used by individuals - which is why the dictionary does not have trad forms. It is the differing interpretations of the agreement that is causing the problems - Jenefer has said the lack of clarity was useful in 2008 but has caused problems since. If that is what was agreed then you can't really work against it. But if you have a different interpretation of the agreement then you need to tell them. They are not "working against" traditional forms, they are just working to what was agreed (or what they think was agreed).

Nicky