[Spellyans] SWF (t) and Maga web site

christian.semmens at gmail.com christian.semmens at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 01:05:12 IST 2012

Oh Niki, I hope for the sake of the entire process, that you are wrong. If not then there is no process. If it is a choice between KK and broken KK then there is no choice. Without a traditional orthography there is no SWF, it is simply a schism in KK, based upon pronunciation. Those of us in favour of reviving Cornish with a spelling system based upon the one used by the Cornish at the time rather than one designed to promulgate Ken George's ideas about pronunciation in the 1450's should not accept this ludicrous situation. We should be looking for nothing less than total parity to allow official and private users to make an informed choice.

Anything less would be to accept KK. The reason the entire process is here it's because KK is not acceptable. To produce from this KK 2 will not heal the rift. You may as well say we are going to revert to Unified (which would at least be preferable and have some justification, but which led us to this position in the first instance).

So what are we to do now?