[Spellyans] SWF (t) and Maga web site

christian.semmens at gmail.com christian.semmens at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 12:27:43 IST 2012

Thank you for the clarification Jenefer. It is looking to the future which is what we need to do now. The linguistic choice now obviates the novel spelling system of the last twenty years. It serves no useful purpose any more and simply serves to cause friction. By simply inverting the spelling priority we remove the problem. However this is likely to be unacceptable. Therefore simply removing the positive discrimination in favour of the novel variant would give learners the opportunity to make their own minds up.
It is the aesthetics that affect most non expert people. The phonology of KK was largely ignored anyway. Certainly few managed to reproduce it in practice.
It would be a Phyrric victory to have Cornish divested of the KK phonology only to have it saddled with it's spelling style. One which is now purely an arbitrary aesthetic choice.

Christian