[Spellyans] SWF (t) and Maga web site

Lowe Jenefer jlowe at cornwall.gov.uk
Thu Aug 9 08:34:40 IST 2012

Ray,

I have absolutely no problem with a page on the website showing
different orthographies - it's a very good idea. The choice has always
been with the individual and outside official use and education we work
with all orthographies and are happy to explain the various systems of
spelling - in fact I thought we had a page on that already. The point
with the glossary is not orthography - the glossary has been updated,
extended and superseded by the dictionary and that is why the glossary
has been removed.  The spec, the paper I have just sent round and a page
on other orthographies are still there as far as I am aware.  The
website is due for a review later this month - there are a number of
things we need to update or want to refresh and haven't had the time to
do - and we can look at this then and amend or update nas required. The
point with the SWF is to provide a neutral spelling for official use. It
does not mean and never has, that other orthographies are not supported.

What I am not prepared to do is make unilateral decisions about the SWF
that go against the agreement and spec, as that would open the door for
everyone on all sides to do the same. We have established that there
will be a review and that is the proper way to look at the agreement and
make any changes. We will then uphold and implement whatever comes out
of the review.

Jenefer Lowe

Development Manager / Dyghtyer displegya

Cornish Language Partnership / Keskowethyans an Taves Kernewek

Cornwall Council / Konsel Kernow

Dalvenie House / Chi Dalvenie

County Hall / Lys Kernow

Truro

TR1 3AY

tel: / pell: 01872 323465

email / ebost: jlowe at cornwall.gov.uk <mailto:jlowe at cornwall.gov.uk>

website / gwiasva : www.magakernow.org.uk <http://www.magakernow.org.uk>

Gwrewgh agan sewya der Twitter!

@magakernow

Gwrewgh agan kavos der Facebook!  Find us on Facebook!

www.facebook.com/magakernow <http://www.facebook.com/magakernow>

The Cornish Language Partnership is funded by the Department for
Communities and Local Government and Cornwall Council.

Arhesans Keskowethyans an Taves Kernewek yw provies gans an Asran rag
Kemenethow ha Governans Leel, ha Konsel Kernow