[Spellyans] SWF (t) and Maga web site

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Wed Aug 15 21:54:15 IST 2012

I agree with your last statement.  Especially when you bear in mind
that the original brief by the Commissioners was that SWF should be
based on KD with KS input.  KK was to play no direct part in it.
That's what we all agreed to at Tremough and was roundly applauded by
all there except about six.  Yet look what happened at Treyarnon.
Somehow that six got their way, and we end up with a SWF that defaults
to KK, and with a "main" form that employs KK graphs and rejects
traditional.  KS was not allowed any part at all.  It was pushed out
and KK brought back into the equation.   Why?  Through discussion with
KD, KS moved towards their direction by replacing <ue> with <eu>.  It
replaced <-eugh, -ough> with <-ewgh, -owgh>.   KS made the
concessionary moves.  The non-traditional parties never responded;
never moved one inch towards us, and now they are actively sidelining
traditional graphs as I warned they would three or four years ago.

Craig