[Spellyans] SWF (t) and Maga web site

Jon Mills j.mills at email.com
Thu Aug 16 12:36:02 IST 2012

Of course, traditional graphs must have the same recognition as the so-called 'main form'. To do otherwise is to derogate against a large proportion of the Cornish language community. The events of recent years have clearly demonstrated that the Cornish language community is not yet ready for a SINGLE written form. If CLP/Maga are to receive public funding, they are obliged to support the entire Cornish language community.

 The question arises of how many variants constitute the "minimum" that is needed. The answer surely must be a sufficient number that the Cornish language community as a whole are prepared to accept and use the SWF. Thus arguing that certain forms may not be included because "the number of variants must be kept to a minimum", is likely to result in rejection of the SWF by a section of the community.

 Ol an gwella,
 Jon Mills