[Spellyans] SWF (t) and Maga web site

ewan wilson butlerdunnit at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 18 22:42:08 IST 2012

With very limited leisure/spare time, my own experience is you want to invest in something that is substantial and lasting. To master even the very basics of a new language is a huge commitment and it is very draining of enthusiasm and energy to think you've invested in something that'll be obsolete in just a few years' time!
It is also extremely confusing to the man in the street to have umpteen competing orthographies and forms of the language to need to distinguish. Am I reading UC/UCR/ LC/KK/ SWF, KS.etc, etc? Do I even know what the differences mean?..... The natural response is simply to retreat until some consensus has been achieved. I speak as a language enthusiast, so one shudders to think what the ordinary learner will feel but surely it's  hardly an inspiration to embrace with unbounded  confidence and enthusiasm!!

Ewan.